WhatsApp just launched its latest feature called “stickers” on its messaging platform. The company is gradually rolling out this new feature on devices running the latest version of its app on multiple platforms including Android, iOS, Web and even Windows Phone (if any). The company launched the version with 12 sticker packs that are already available on its parent company Facebook. As reported previously, we noted that it was likely that WhatsApp will roll out the ability for its users to create your own custom WhatsApp sticker, third-party sticker packs in the future.
Well, it looks like it did not take long and just a day after the rollout of sticker support, the company has posted instructions on how to create Whatsapp stickers. The WhatsApp development team has posted a dedicated page on its official website to help users with the information about creating new sticker packs. Before we get started, WhatsApp also mentioned that the sticker packs need to be ” legal, authorized and acceptable” according to the details on the page. This likely means that there may not be a sticker pack that is based on copyrighted material including movies, TV shows, and others. Though, the company has not clarified that at the time of writing this.
Download PNG Images
Yes! you read that right. In fact, all stickers are, are simply PNG images without backgrounds. PNG images can be saved without backgrounds, hence you would not have to edit the image to remove the background to use the image as a Whatsapp stickers.
Downloading PNG images is fairly simple as there are a couple of websites which offer the ability to download PNG images for free.
Open the website of your choice and then search for images based on your interests and what you’d like to use as a sticker. Be sure to download at least 3 or more images which you’d like to create your own custom WhatsApp sticker. Once you’ve downloaded these PNG images and then let’s move on to the next step.
Few of the best websites to download PNG images are:
Download Personal Stickers for WhatsApp
The application is available on the Google Play Store.
Once the application is installed simply grant the required permissions and then proceed to the next step.
Add stickers to WhatsApp
Once you’ve got your PNG images downloaded as well as the Personal Stickers for WhatsApp application installed on your device, then here are the steps to follow:
- Open up the My Files application on your device or any file manager of your choice.
- Usually, the downloaded images would be saved in the Download folder of your device, however, if the PNG images you downloaded aren’t saved in the Download folder, then simply located the images by check the folders by heading over to My Files > Internal Storage/SD card. Then locate the images within the folders.
- When you find the PNG images simply select them by a long press and then selecting the images you want to use for the custom sticker pack. Now tap the 3 dots which should be on the top right of the screen and then tap on Move. Transfer the files to the Download folder and then open the Personal Stickers for WhatsApp app.
- You would see that the application has automatically added the PNG images you downloaded.
- If you’re happy with your custom sticker collection and want to start using them on WhatsApp, then simply tap on the ADD button beside the image preview.
OMG, you’ve got create your own custom WhatsApp sticker to boast about amongst your friends who are still using the pre-installed stickers on WhatsApp.